Flue Gas Treatment Systems
Activated carbon & lime injection
The activated carbon & lime injection mechanism is working with the principle of powdered chemical dosage into the flue gas. By the injection of the activated carbon, gases such as dioxin furan and heavy metals originated in the combustion process are neutralized and with an injection of the lime, gases such as SO2 and HCl originated in the combustion process are neutralized
The injected chemicals stick on the surface of the bag filter and the reaction between the lime and flue gas took place in the bag filter majorly.
- Based on sorption principles
- Uses activated carbon for heavy metal and dioxin & furan removal
- Uses hydrated lime or sodium bicarbonate for acidic content removals such as SO2 and HCl
- No water consumption
- No slurry or wastewater production
- Low waste disposal cost
- Less investment cost
Cyclones are relatively simple devices for removing particulate material from gas streams. Cyclone is the unit operated to remove coarse particulates. Particulate material contained in the combustion gas are removed by centrifugal force and collected in the bottom portion of the unit.
In general, cyclones on their own cannot achieve the emission levels. They can, however, have an important role to play were applied as a prededuster before other flue-gas treatment stages. Energy requirements are generally low as there is no pressure drop across the cyclone. Advantages of cyclones are their wide operational temperature range and robust construction.
- Used for removal of course particulate
- Easy to operate
- Very low in operation cost
- Application range is wide
- Can be used at very high temperatures up to 1000 C
- Resistant to high corrosivity with special coating materials.
- Withstands dust concentrations as high as 2000 g/m3
Bag filters provide high collection efficiencies on both coarse and fine particulates. Filter outlet is very clean in terms of dust particulates. Dust is collected on the surface of the bag and the collected dust is removed from the surface using jet pulse cleaning mechanism.
It also provides contact surface between the injected chemicals and flue gas pollutants for enhanced efficiency.
- Made of SS316
- Optional insulation of the body
- Removal efficiencies of higher than 99%
- Special filter bag selection based on the process
- High acid corrosion resistivity
- Resistant temperature of 260 C
- Special cage design
- Jet Pulse cleaning system
- Timer and differential pressure control